I have heard the difference between the female brain and the male brain described as a spaghetti brain versus a waffle brain. Women think like a big tangled mess of spaghetti: everything is connected and touching and you can't see where one starts and where the other other ends. To men, it may seem impossible to figure out and that there is no clear direction, but women know there is fluidity in thought. The jumps or conclusions that we make as women are obvious to us because EVERYTHING is connected. The male brain, however, is like a waffle. There are neat little squares and everything goes in a box. Nothing is allowed to occupy a box if it does not belong in that box. One comedian even explained that men have a box that is labeled "nothing" and that they like to frequently visit that box and think about nothing.
People (men-bashers) have said that this attribute makes men simple, as in simple-minded. I gagged a little bit when I wrote that. I happen to appreciate the male brain. I think "simple" is the wrong word, maybe organized or concise is better. I love the balance that the male brain and female brain provide each other. Men and women are different and that's good! I am more emotional than my husband, but that doesn't make him a heartless ass or me an illogical crazy-person. Our differences can and should build each other up. Sometimes men need help to see the importance of feelings, but dammit, sometimes an orange is just an orange. And the fact that men can see that does not make them the less evolved sex.
No comments:
Post a Comment